Card-linked offers (CLOs) are marketing offers that are intelligently targeted to consumers based on credit card/debit card or loyalty card transactions. Often linked to electronic wallets or e-payments, they represent an alternative to advertising, and are potentially revolutionary.
To assess the current state of the card-linked offer industry, BIA/Kelsey partnered with The CardLinx Association to conduct a survey with leaders of the CLO ecosystem, including key publishers, card-linked technology providers, payment processors, payment networks and merchants/advertisers. The results of the survey are detailed in the new report, Status and Review of Card-Linked Offers, 2015.
Since their introduction in 2008, some of the original scenarios for CLOs have changed and business models have shifted. The jury is still out on their long-term success. But the industry seems poised to make an impact.
Why You Should Read ‘Status and Review of Card-Linked Offers, 2015’
This Insight Paper highlights industry confidence in the growth of card-linked offers (CLOs), a marketing tool that represents a possible alternative to advertising. The report is based on BIA/Kelsey’s survey of key segments of the CLO ecosystem, including publishers, card-linked technology providers, payment processors, payment networks and merchants/advertisers.
In the report, BIA/Kelsey points to five factors it believes will impact the industry’s long-term success:
- The various segments of the CLO ecosystem – publishers, technology and transaction data – must be better coordinated.
- Merchants must provide a constant stream of attractive offers.
- Enough consumers must be made aware of CLOs, and regularly buy offers.
- Structural sales blockages need to be eliminated.
- Industry standards must be developed for card-linked transactions.
Who Should Read This Report:
- C-Suite Executives
- CROs and Senior Sales Executives
- Sales Consultants
- Sales Managers
- Sales Account Executives
- Financial Executives
|Links||Table of contents|