Keep Pace with the Latest Research and Insights from the Media Industry’s Most Respected Analysts
Attend an upcoming BIA webinar or view our library of on-demand webinars covering topics from advanced TV, programmatic, voice search, industry forecasts, media usage trends, sales transformation, local media investments, FCC auctions, call monetization, national networks and more.
Selling Digital Marketing Services to Local Businesses
Hosted: Wed June 24, 2020
Company decision makers want to be approached by informed salespeople that understand their line of business and relevant ideas to help them increase revenue. This webinar examined how to prepare to sell local digital marketing by examining 5 key factors like company types, ad preferences, demographics, verticals and selling strategies.
Broadcast executives Stephanie Slagle from Graham Media Group and Mike Hartel from Alpha Media both shared digital success stories.
- On-Demand Webinar (video)
- Slide Deck (PDF)
- Complimentary Reports: Importance of Selling into Digital’s Addressable Market and Selling Digital Marketing Services to Local Businesses
- Stephanie Slagle, Senior Director, Brand & Agency Sales Strategy, Graham Media Group
- Mike Hartel, Chief Revenue Officer, Alpha Media
- Lisa Rigsby, Sales Strategist, SalesFuel
- Rick Ducey, Managing Director, BIA Advisory Services
Esports in the Age of COVID
This webinar covered business, measurement, current status and expectations about esports. One big takeaway is that from a local perspective, esports is a promising new platform to drive incremental advertising revenue.
BIA appreciates the tremendous knowledge shared by our speakers, including:
- Beasley Esports: Lori Burgess, COO
- MRI-Simmons Ben Paro, esports specialist
- Comscore: Chris Blakely, SVP Digital Media and Paul Wright, Sr. Director Digital Media
- Simulmedia: Zach Oscar, associate marketing manager, and MediaPost esports columnist
For your continued engagement on this topic, here are quick links to the webinar materials:
- On-Demand Webinar: Watch Now
- Slide Decks:
- BIA and Beasley-Sports Deck: Esports in the Age of COVID-19 and Beasley Sports Case Study
- Comscore: Multi-Platform Gaming Trends in 2020
- MRI-Simmons: Decoding the Esports Fan
- Complementary Report: Esports Evolution: Where We are and Whats Next
Esports is becoming more broadly accepted as a legitimate media platform with high growth spending potential in paid media advertising, as well as sponsorships from leagues, teams, venues and distributors. BIA is here to help you assess the opportunity. Contact us at email@example.com if you’d like to set up a time to talk strategies.
Navigating the Local Advertising Marketplace During the Pandemic (April 7, 2020)
The Covid-19 pandemic is having a major effect on the local advertising landscape. During this webinar, BIA and SalesFuel offered media sellers guidance and advice on the effect of the crisis on local ad sales and how different verticals like Legal, Financial Services and Home Improvement are offering opportunities.
Business authority Jeffrey Hayzlett contributed his experiences on how to maintain business continuity during market disruptions.
eSports Evolution – Where We Are and What’s Next
Immersive cross-platform screen experiences, interactivity, and real-world passion of major league sports fans has spawned the exploding esports marketplace. Even as major league sports events sometimes face challenges with TV ratings, esports audiences are rising to equal and even exceeding traditional linear TV audiences.
What’s the opportunity for local media companies to drive new forms of revenue in this marketplace?
Goldman Sachs estimates that while local revenue (e.g., ticketing, concessions, merchandise, regional media rights) generates 54% of revenue for traditional sports, the local component of esports is “under-monetized relative to its audience potential.”
BIA dives into the world of esports with leading experts from Activision Blizzard, Esport Advertising Bureau, ESL -Turtle Entertainment and MRI Simmons. Watch the webinar on-demand to get an inside seat to see what is driving this market and the implications for local activation.
To determine the best strategies and tactics for local sales, marketing and product development, BIA engaged with expert speakers to examine the $150+ billion locally targeted advertising marketplace in our Local Impact webinar series.
Watch the webinars on-demand:
OTT/CTV, attribution, and digital sales each present opportunities for traditional media and pure plays as they vie for local media budgets.
During BIA’s quarterly Advanced TV Update Webinar, held Tues., Dec, 11, an expert panel discussed the impact of advanced TV sales on the buying and selling of commercial TV inventory and how to maximize ROI for both the media seller and ad agencies/marketers.
- Brian Hunt, Head of OTT/CTV Advertising Sales, Sinclair
- Jo Kinsella, Chief Revenue Officer & EVP, TVSquared
- Steve Lanzano, President & CEO, TVB
- Jon Sumber, VP, Digital Sales, Hearst
- Jim Wilson, President, Premion, TEGNA